Thursday 8 October 2009

Happiness is also.....

Hello Everyone,
Thanks so much for popping into say hello yesterday- it gave me a huge boost and your comments were lovely!
As I mentioned yesterday my challenge each day for the next week is to post about something that makes me happy.
Today I am going to tell you just a little bit about where I live, because that tends to make me very happy indeed.





I live in Kent, not far from the Sussex border and it really is a beautiful part of the country. Commuting into London everyday really means that I enjoy spending the weekends at home with my loved one. One of my favourite things to do is to go out on a country walk, and luckily, the countryside is literally just minutes away. I have spent many happy hours enjoying walks through some really pretty scenery.





Perhaps it is because I was brought up in a sunburnt country and lived all of my life (until 9 years ago) in a region that couldn't really be described as pretty, that I find the Kent countryside so beautifully and happiness inducing. Here's what I mean-







That's all from me for now- well at least until Friday when I will be back with something else that makes me happy. Actually, just the thought of Friday makes me very happy indeed!

Lucy

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes. That would make me very happy too. Does it smell heavenly when you walk by too? Such a pretty colour. I quite like the lovely house too. Very countrysideish. Wow that's quite a word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised you like living where you do - we've spend a few weekends in Sussex/Kent border and love it - it's a really nice part of the country and so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Lucy :) Wonderful pictures, I can see why you are happy there.
    I too adore where I live. When I hear people complain about england I am always confused as to why?! Nothing beats a hazy english summer or golden autumn in the english countryside :D
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right it is beautiful. I live in Lancashire and we are lucky too, to have countryside and beauty around about. It lifts the spirits! Loved your photos! Suzie. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to know where you live - it can't be far from me as I'm only 5 miles or so from the border? I'm thinking of going back to working in London. It can be a pain, but I miss reading novels on the train and the vibrancy of working in the city. Frankly Worthing is a hole! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin