Tuesday 13 October 2009

Autumn is here

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for your lovely comments about my bags (glad that you liked the colours too) and the half-marathon. My legs are a little stiff today but I am still pleased that I did it!
It is really cool and autumnal here in Kent, the leaves and trees are very pretty and there is that definite earthy/woody scent in the air. It won't be long until it is time to get out my big winter coat!

I leave home to walk to the station quite early in the morning, before most of the neighbourhood are even out of bed, and this morning there was a light frost on the cars and the air was very chilly- it was also still quite dark. A sign that winter is creeping in!

I love coming home after a good day at work and settling into some creativity- this is another thing that makes me happy and adds some balance to my life. This evening I finished making some grape jelly (grapes from our own vine- they are in mad abundance and we don't know what to do with them all- any ideas????) and then I finished knitting some innocent drink bottle hats for "The Big Knit". I  have made ten in total and now just need to add the pom-pom to the tops and they are done! I will show you what they look like tomorrow.
Bye for now!
Lucy

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty picture. I love autumn for the colour. Good luck with the grape jelly and I look forward to seeing your knitted creations. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to see those yarn goodies! Lovely colours in your photo! Suzie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lucy and Suzie.I so enjoy your comments and your blogs too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin