Friday 29 May 2009

Granny squares everywhere!

One of the projects that I am currently working on in my spare time is a crocheted granny square throw, which I plan to have in the newly decorated spare room, which coincidentally, I think I am going to rename the "Reading and relaxation room" as it is currently crammed full of books! I wanted the colours of the throw to be vibrant and bright so that it added an element of joy, especially when curled up under it on the sofa in the winter when reading a good book (which is what I plan to do). So the colours that I have chosen are green,purple, yellow, white, pale pink, vivid pink, pale blue and aqua. So far I have made about 58 squares and think that I am just about half way there. I am making it with pure wool so that it will have that cosy, heavy feeling of something substantial when finished. Here are just a few of the squares so far......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin